Thursday, November 15, 2007

Burdens

November 10th, 2006
I hate my backpack.It’s so heavy.
This week I was transporting four textbooks in my backpack on my bike to and from school.
My backpack was so heavy.
I could have rode so much faster without it.
What can you do when your burden is overwhelming?
I guess there are two types of burdens. One burden is right for us to bear, and one is wrong. We should never bear burdens of sin or doubt, because Jesus took care of them, and comtinues to take care of them. But on the other hand, there are some burdens that God has placed on us, which he doesn’t intend to lift off.
Oswald Chambers wrote, “If we set out to serve God and do His work but get out of touch with Him, the sense of responsibility we feel will be overwhelming and defeating. But if we will only roll back on God the burdens He has placed on us, He will take away that immense feeling of responsibility, replacing it with an awarness and understanding of Himself and His presence.”
There are many servants of God who set out with great copurage and all the right motives. But without intimate fellowship with Jesus Christ, they are defeated. They don’t know what to do with their burdens and they get weary…and fall.
So what can we do?
“Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.”-Psalm 55:22 (NLT)
Never try to seperate yourslef from a burden God has placed on you. Instead, commit them to God. But don’t just cast them aside, rather, put them on His shoulders, them jump on the same shoulders. Then you find that your burden is lightened with His companionship.
In the end I discover that it is not my backpack I need to get rid of. Rather, I just need to let God do my pedalling.

No comments: