Thursday, November 15, 2007

Worship

September 19th, 2006

Worship is “Unity through Diversity”
Archbishop William Temple once wrote-
Worship is,
-Submission of will to His purpose
-Quickening of conscience by His holiness
-Nourishment of mind by His truth
-Purifying of imagination by His beauty
-Opening of heart to His love
All of these gathered in adoration is the greatest expression of which we are capable.
This quote is from a Ravi Zacharias sermon…called “Worship: A clue to the meaning of life.” Please check out his website- Honestly, stop reading this right now and go to rzim.com, Then you can download this sermon and listen to it on your ipod or whatever.
I guess that my own problem with worship is that I can never properly describe it! I can’t narrow it down, get my thumb on it. You see, I believe that worship is really, in many ways, life’s greatest pursuit. It is why we are here. To have a relationship with God. To love GOD.
This is why I can’t wrap my head around it. It is endless. It is infinate. It is like a taste of heaven. A taste of eternity. God’s love is a love we can never fully understand.
However, we can be transformed by it!
Quickening of conscience….purifying of IMAGINATION. Nourishment of Mind.
May we never, ever, find the end.

No comments: