Thursday, November 15, 2007

Perserverence

October 6th, 2006

I can’t believe I made it through this week.
I’ve been averaging about six hours of sleep these last few days, between early morning music and doing homework late into the night. It’s a wonder I can get through my math, and my parablolas, and chemical balancing, and solvents, and vectors, and resultants…
Have you ever felt that your brain is simply crammed? Like you are so saturated you can’t take anything else in?
But I found that late (very late) last night, when I was completely wrecked and exhausted, this idea, this biblical idea came right to me. It was a breath of fresh air, a flood of the soul-
Perserverence.
“Perserverence is more than just waiting. It’s about how and why we wait. It is the ability to stand and THRIVE under pressure.”-McManus
“Perserverence is more than endurance. It is endurance combined with absolute assurance and certainty that what we are looking for is going to happen.”-Chambers
Life requires perserverenece.Character requires perserverence.
Wisdom comes from perserverence.Transformation comes from perserverence.
I believe that the only way to thrive under pressure is to wait on The Lord.
And my reasoning is biblical-
“O Israel, how can you say the LORD does not see your troubles? How can you say God refuses to hear your case? Have you never heard or understood? Don’t you know that the LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”-Isaiah 40:27-31
Sometimes I wonder if this verse is the only thing keeping me alive.I have them taped on my ceiling and whenever I am just toasted my eyes always stumble across these phrases.
It is my hope that they will also resonate in your heart.
Perserverece.
Another step towards transformation.

No comments: