Thursday, November 15, 2007

Juggling or Orbiting?

October 29th, 2006

I keep on dropping the ball.
I try my very best…and then I drop the ball.
I try to juggle all my friends, schoolwork, music, my walk with God, and all my “stuff.”
But I always drop the ball.Always.I fall short of my expectations. I fall short of what I want.
I guess there comes a point in life where we realize that we can’t make it on our own. We give up…maybe you could call it surrendering.
I believe that when we put Christ in the center of our lives…all of our juggling turns into orbiting. We stop trying to make things work and we start letting God take care of everything. We let go of our little desires, our “stuff” and we discover a greater force. Christ becomes like the blazing sun in the centre of the solar system of our lives. The little planets start to orbit around his brilliance. Things start to become balanced by His gravity.
So I’m asking you to make Christ the centre of your life.
Because we can’t make it on our own. We drop the ball…
I just want to finish this with some words I’ve been reading from the word. The bread…
“But you have made me as strong as a wild bull. How refreshed I am by your power! With my eyes I have seen the downfall of my enemies; with my own ears I have heard the defeat of my wicked opponents. But the godly will flourish like the cedars of Lebanon. For they are transplanted into the LORD’s own house. They flourish in the courts of our God. Even in old age they will still produce fruit; they will remain vital and green. They will declare, “The LORD is just! He is my rock! There is nothing but goodness in him!”
Psalm 92: 10-15 (NLT)

No comments: